The City of Pelham is currently accepting applications for the full-time position of Library Assistant with the City of Pelham Public Library.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF WORK
- Checks materials in and out, issues library cards, places holds, assists library patrons in locating materials and using the public copier.
- Sorts returned materials according to classification code and need for repair, and returns them to shelves, files, or other designated storage area.
- Staffs all service desks as needed. Greets patrons, answers basic questions, and assists them with finding materials in person and over the phone.
- Processes hold requests, returns materials to shelves, straightens and organizes library shelves so that patrons may quickly and easily locate materials.
- Other clerical work as needed
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or GED is required; Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university is preferred. Experience in a library or related field preferred.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS OF WORK
Candidates must have mobility to maneuver among high and low shelves, stand for long periods of time, manipulate heavy objects and have the ability to multi-task. Candidates must have transportation to and from work. Candidates must be able to work irregular hours including nights and weekends.
Applicant must satisfactorily pass a background investigation and pre-employment drug screen after receiving conditional offer of employment. Compensation is $30,146.10 - $41,987.89 based on education and experience. The City of Pelham also has a comprehensive benefits package and participates in Tier 1 of the Retirement Systems of Alabama for full-time employees.
Applications and background checks are available here. Completed applications and resumes may be emailed to HR@pelhamalabama.gov or mailed to the City of Pelham, Human Resources, at P.O. Box 1419, Pelham, AL 35124 or dropped off at Pelham City Hall, 401 Southgate Dr., Pelham, AL 35124. Final date to submit applications is October 19, 2020 at 5:00PM.