Applications & Permits
CHANGES EFFECTIVE AUGUST 2020
All building plan submittals can be dropped off in the drop box located at the Pelham Water Works building, 3111 Cummings Street, front doors. Please make sure you include all required documents.
BUSINESS PERMITS/APPLICATIONS AND PAYMENTS
All business permits/applications & payments via phone at 205.620.6480 or by mail to City of Pelham, P. O. Box 1238, Pelham, Alabama 35124.
- Commercial Packet - 12_20
- Demolition Permit Application-Fillable
- Driveway Permit Application - Fillable
- Garage Sale Application - Fillable
- Land Disturbance Permit - Fillable
- New Business Packet - 12_20
- Residential Packet - 12_20
- Sales, Sellers Use, Consumer Use and Rental Tax Report
- Sign Application Form
- Swimming Pool Permit Application-Fillable
- Utility Right of Way Application - Fillable
Credit Card Payments
Visa, MasterCard or Discover can be accepted in person. There is a 3.5% convenience fee or $3.00 charged by the card company if a debit or credit card is used. Cash, money order, cashier's check or check is accepted.
- Permit fee is based on square footage of home ($80 per Sqft)/commercial ($100 per Sqft) improvement.
- Builder is required to pay a sewer impact fee at the time the permit is purchased if the project is going on the sewer system.
- Inspections are to be called in the day before an inspection is needed.
- All construction is to be in accordance to the International Building Code, 2015 Edition, International Residential Code, 2015 edition, and the 2014 National Electrical Code.
- A form board survey for all residential homesREQUIRED
- For additional adopted codes and regulations, call 205-620-6411 or 205-620-6495.
- All contractors, subs, and suppliers are to be licensed with the City of Pelham.
- Proof of State certification is required on certain classifications.
- Contractors are to check with the Building Department regarding zoning of property sites before submitting plans for construction.
The City of Pelham Sign Ordinance requires the issuance of a permit to erect, change or alter any type sign. The square footage of the building determines the copy area and height allowed for signs. The permit fee is based on the cost of improvement.