Police Reports

Already Filed a Report

Reports are ready in three business days. There is a fee of $10 per report, plus an online convenience. fee. You can request your report in two ways.


You may request a copy of your vehicle crash report or incident report online.

In Person

The records window is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. We accept cash and check payments only. You must present a valid government-issued photo ID for verification.

File a Report

Certain types of police reports can be filed online through our Citizen Reporting System. Please confirm the following to find out if online report filing is right for you:

  • Is this an emergency?
  • Did this incident occur outside of Pelham city limits?
  • Are there known suspects?

If you answered no to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. 

If you answered yes to any of the questions, please look at our FAQs below.


Question: What do I do if this is an emergency or if online incident reporting is not right for me?
Answer: If your incident is an emergency, call 911. If non-emergency, call 205.620.6550.

Question: What do I do if the incident took place outside of Pelham city limits?
Answer: If the incident took place outside of the City of Pelham, please call the police department for that city.

Question: What is a known suspect, and what do I do if I have that information?
Answer: A known suspect is when you or someone else knows the person or where to find the person who committed the crime or the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect(s) were in. If you have known suspect information, please call 205.620.6550 to report the incident.

Question: What do I do if the incident happened on a state freeway?
Answer: If the incident took place on a state freeway, please call the Highway Patrol Office nearest you.